[Kde-games-devel] does this solve the multiple resizing bug foryou?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu May 7 00:19:57 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 06 May 2009, Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> On Mittwoch 06 Mai 2009 23:45:00 Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> > In conclusion, we do not need to ask plasma or whatever window manager is
> > running for the side panel sizes, but we could ask it how much space the
> > window borders will take. I don't know such a function - and it should
> > also work with MAC OS and Windows. Maybe ask KWin via DBus but I don't
> > know how.
>
> We cannot rely neither on KWin nor on Plasma nor on anything in the KDE
> stack except for KDE's libraries. Rather than playing around all of the
> above issues, wouldn't it be easier to poke the Qt and kdeui developers to
> fix [Q| K]MainWindow behavior in this regard, or is this not feasible?

probably, once someone tracks down the issues ... :)

the available geometry code in the examples wasn't quite right either:

QDesktopWidget *desktop = QApplication::desktop();
QRect r = desktop->availableGeometry(desktop->screen(window));

that will actually work (in theory) on multi-screen systems. kephal is an even
better bet there but may not be running if outside of a kde desktop shell.

as for the geometry of the window including the window decorations you can use
KWindowInfo::frameGeometry; note however, that if your window is maximized
that it's likely to be == to the widget geometry.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se