[Kde-games-devel] does this solve the multiple resizing bug foryou?

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Wed May 6 23:57:26 CEST 2009

On Mittwoch 06 Mai 2009 23:45:00 Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> In conclusion, we do not need to ask plasma or whatever window manager is
> running for the side panel sizes, but we could ask it how much space the
> window borders will take. I don't know such a function - and it should also
> work with MAC OS and Windows. Maybe ask KWin via DBus but I don't know how.

We cannot rely neither on KWin nor on Plasma nor on anything in the KDE stack
except for KDE's libraries. Rather than playing around all of the above
issues, wouldn't it be easier to poke the Qt and kdeui developers to fix [Q|
K]MainWindow behavior in this regard, or is this not feasible?

Greetings
Stefan