[Kde-games-devel] A vector deck for lskat

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Sun May 3 11:47:38 CEST 2009

On venerdì 01 maggio 2009, you wrote:
> One of the reasons for the pixmap themes was that there were no vector
> decks with german suits for lskat.
>
> I'm trying to get around that; here is what I got at the moment:
>
> http://www.cirulla.net/listing/kde_stuff/card-decks/huncards-full.png
>
> The missing suit is almost ready.
>
> Still missing are the indices (little numbers) in the corner and the
> artwork for aces and court cards. And the "beams" for the leaf and acorn
> suits...
>
> I think that's too much work for me to do as vector graphics, so I'm
> planning to cut pixmaps from the public domain huncards deck. At least for
> the moment.
>
> Is there someone from germany who can give me advice on the deck?
>
> And that aside, could we replace the german skat deck in our repository
> with this, provided I manage to finish it in time?

I've finished the deck. At least for now... Designing proper vector court
cards would take too much time. The preview is at the usual address [1].

The svg file is there too, along with the generator script [2], [3].

I'd like to rename this deck "William Tell", since this style seems to be
called so among card collectors. But I'm open to other suggestions.
Maybe it could replace the xskat-german deck we are shipping now. If a closer
"clone" is wanted, I can adapt the script to do that too, although I'm
unlikely to have enough time during next week (or during the month of may, for
that matter).

So... I could add the style to the repository if it's agreed it's OK.

Eugene, what do you say? As KDEGames everything-graphic (benevolent?)
dictator, I'm waiting brathlessly for your approval (and please, don't eat my
brains).

[1] http://www.cirulla.net/listing/kde_stuff/card-decks/huncards-full.png
[2] http://www.cirulla.net/listing/kde_stuff/card-decks/huncards-full.svg
[3] http://www.cirulla.net/listing/kde_stuff/card-decks/generate-svg-