[Kde-games-devel] A (minor?) Problem with the svg card deck format

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Sun May 3 14:40:21 CEST 2009

Hi all, while trying to understand why my deck didn't show up correctly in
firefox (the width and height attributes are required for the <image>
element), I found out that the deck did not validate cleanly also because
the element names are not valid ids under XML 1.0. While it does not seem to
be a problem in practice, I find it annoying. Maybe we could invert suit name
and card name in the element ids. It could be done with a script for all the
decks. It should be easy enough to support old-style decks and new style decks
in the card deck loader; it would suffice to try loading the new format names,
and if that fails, try with the old names.

Luciano
--
Luciano Montanaro //
                \X/ mikelima at cirulla.net