[Kde-games-devel] The road to Egypt

Sean suseux at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 29 20:48:00 CEST 2009

Hi all.

Just to fill you in on what's happening on the graphics front for 4.3. We
have decided to go with a Egyptian style for our game themes, so think
pyramids, mummies, deserts and carvings.

Here's a few small tasters of what Kpatience will look like(work in progress
of course).

http://imagebin.ca/view/RPO61dE.html

Here's a King card and pile holder.

http://imagebin.ca/view/23JPL2h.html

I've yet to finalize who the Queen and Jack will be. It's looking like
Nefertiti for Queen since I've seen a nice real sculpture image of her,
which is fitting. Queen Nefertiti supposedly reigned before Tutankhamun(so
facts claim but are debatable), so this is a good reason to pick her (close
time line). I could choose Cleopatra, the problem is having good images of
her and there are non like the Nefertiti sculpture(which is colour painted).

I'll keep you all updated on the other games since KBreakOut and Kapman have
these working theme styles to.

Sean.