[Kde-games-devel] Memorandum. RE.: KDEGames monthly meeting.

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Mar 22 16:39:37 CET 2009

A Diumenge, 22 de març de 2009, Eugene Trounev va escriure:
> Dear KDEGames,
> We haven't had a meeting for quite a while, and now it's about time we get
> back together. There are quite a few things in need of our immediate
> attention.
> Since the 1st of April is a joke (pun intended), I propose we meet on
> Sunday, March 29th.
> One more thing. It has been argued on numerous occasions that our current
> method of meetings (IRC) may not be the most effective one. And the
> solution is that we use some other for of communication like an online
> conferencing system. A service called DimDim has been proposed as a
> possible alternative. What do you think?

You asked for it :-P
 * It's non free
 * It needs non free software to use it
 * I think it's not going to work, we have quite a lot of non native english
speakers (myself being one) and while i think we can cope with multiple people
"writing" in irc at the same time i would just collapse trying to understand
more than one person speaking english at the same time with all the lags and
stuff introduced by the conferencing solution

So i'm in favour of old irc, that said i can't promise i'll be around on March
29 so feel free to ignore me :D

Albert