[Kde-games-devel] Memorandum. RE.: KDEGames monthly meeting.

Eugene Trounev eugene.trounev at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 16:57:51 CET 2009

> You asked for it :-P
Actually I didn't :D This time around the idea is not mine :O
>  * It's non free
>  * It needs non free software to use it
I don't know much about it. It has been proposed and requested by more then
one person, so I brought it the group's attention.
>  * I think it's not going to work, we have quite a lot of non native
> english speakers (myself being one) and while i think we can cope with
> multiple people "writing" in irc at the same time i would just collapse
> trying to understand more than one person speaking english at the same time
> with all the lags and stuff introduced by the conferencing solution
The idea is not to talk :) The point brought up is that IRC is limiting. While
it may be a great conversational tool, with clear advantages such as logging
and reading back, it would be great if we had some sort of "white board"(black
board, like one in school) to also show things. Visual feedback is sometimes
crucial and unfortunately IRC does not provide for one.
> So i'm in favour of old irc, that said i can't promise i'll be around on
> March 29 so feel free to ignore me :D
No one is ignoring you Albert. And you know that. (And you call me a wiener?!
;)