[Kde-games-devel] New AI for bovo

Aron Boström aron.bostrom at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 00:07:55 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 23:48, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> My thinking was that Gabor's AI was "stronger" than Aron's one so we would
> have
>
> Computer Engine: Simple/Advanced
>
> If both engines are as difficult regarding to the user, i think i've changed
> my mind (shame on me!) and agree with Parker that no UI is needed and we can
> just go with Gabor's one if it's "better"

I'm pleased to hear that Gabor's AI is finally being comitted.

My AI is very much quicker, especially in expert mode. But Gabor's AI
behaves like a human player at all times (and is also stronger). In
novice modes, my AI is really crappy and doesn't feel like a human at
all, while Gabor's AI really "feels" like a human player.

I think my old AI could come in handy to give "hints" for the user and
maybe as a help for Gabor's AI to speed up background-cogitating (as
it can evaluate a given board in no-time). However, in the GUI, I see
no apparent reason for my AI to be left.

I have to admit, my fingers are itching to start contributing again,
but after 8 hours of programming at work, 1 hour of dinner, 4 hours of
commuting by train, 4 hours of university studies, 5 hours of sleep
and 2 hour spent at home with my girlfriend, there really isn't much
of a chance for me... :(

Aron