[Kde-games-devel] New AI for bovo

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Mar 18 23:48:56 CET 2009

A Dimecres, 18 de març de 2009, Parker Coates va escriure:
> 2009/3/18 Pelladi Gabor:
> > I have corrected the patch, I think. The changes in the non-existent file
> > aiaron.h (and probably the entire aron subdirectory) must have something
> > to do with that I used svn copy, to keep history. I assume that this is
> > something that svn diff cannot handle. So for now I added them as new
> > files.
> >
> > The executable thing was my mistake, at the time I svn add-ed the file,
> > it was executable. And removing the executable bit on the file system did
> > not remove the svn:executable property, of course.
> >
> > Thank you for pointing out these issues.
>
> I feel like Mr. Picky, as I have still more issues to point out.
>
> First off, could you please stop top posting you replies. On mailing
> lists such as this, it is customary to place your replies below the
> text of the email you are replying to as it increases readability.
>
> I think we need to discuss the text used in the UI. Obviously the
> current label "ai" is not very pretty or user friendly. I'm not sure
> that "Artificial Intelligence" is much clearer either. Similiarly, the
> options "Aron" and "Gabor" don't really reveal a great deal to the
> user either, but I don't have better suggestions.
>
> Albert, you were the one who requested an option to switch between the
> AIs. What exactly were you envisioning?

My thinking was that Gabor's AI was "stronger" than Aron's one so we would
have

Computer Engine: Simple/Advanced

If both engines are as difficult regarding to the user, i think i've changed
my mind (shame on me!) and agree with Parker that no UI is needed and we can
just go with Gabor's one if it's "better"

Albert