[Kde-games-devel] new kmahjongg/kshisen tileset; what are the freeze dates?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 11 05:35:42 CET 2009

Ian Wadham wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 1:16:59 pm Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> As the attentive among you know, I've been working on a new tileset for
>> kmahjongg/kshisen. It started as improving classic and has evolved from
>> there into 99% original artwork (only the tile shape will remain from
>> classic when it is done).
>>
> I've been hoping for further news of your work.

:-)

While I'm at it, can I re-propose the Quartz deck? The card bases are
nowhere near the "done" that I have in mind, but other than that it's in
good shape. It's usable and useful in its current state, and TBH it's
arguable that it should be left alone as-is.

> Sounds great!  Can we get a preview somewhere?  Maybe you could
> save the SVG file on /branches somewhere.

Why not playground? (For that matter, it's probably fine to stick it
straight in trunk, and just disable shipping it if it misses 4.3 artwork
freeze... which doesn't seem likely given how far away that is, unless
I'm unable to continue working on it.)

>> Assuming I can get a green light this time, what freezes do I
>> need to be worried about? Art freeze, obviously, but I assume the
>> .desktop needs to be in before string freeze also, yes?
>
> Probably only artwork and string (for the .desktop).
>
> But http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.3_Release_Schedule
> would be the authoritative source.  It might also be a good idea to
> put a foot in the door (for the feature freezes) at:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.3_Feature_Plan#kdegames

Okay, thanks! I'll probably do that tomorrow, tired now...

--
Matthew
ENOWIT: .sig file for this machine not set up yet