[Kde-games-devel] new kmahjongg/kshisen tileset; what are the freeze dates?

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Mar 11 05:59:11 CET 2009

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 3:35:42 pm Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Ian Wadham wrote:
> > On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 1:16:59 pm Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > Sounds great!  Can we get a preview somewhere?  Maybe you could
> > save the SVG file on /branches somewhere.
>
> Why not playground?

I just got a rap over the knuckles for putting an existing app in playground
during a rewrite.  It seems that scripty goes over it and the translators get
previews of strings in new code that way.  It confused them somewhat to
be getting duplicates of all the old KGoldrunner strings ... :-)  OTOH, if
you only have a few new strings in a new .desktop file - should be OK.

> (For that matter, it's probably fine to stick it
> straight in trunk, and just disable shipping it if it misses 4.3 artwork
> freeze... which doesn't seem likely given how far away that is, unless
> I'm unable to continue working on it.)

Live dangerously ... commit early, commit often? ... :-)

Cheers, Ian W.