[Kde-games-devel] kshisen request - show different tiles!

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Mar 11 04:59:50 CET 2009

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 3:46:29 pm Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> It would be really awesome if kshisen would *randomly* choose tiles
> instead of using the same ones all the time (at least, if it would pick
> a random dragon, and a random pair of the winds, seasons, flowers) so
> that more tiles would see the light of day. As is, I'm getting a bit
> annoyed trying to do flower graphics and never seeing them unless I make
> the board size huge :-).
>
> Would this be an acceptable change? Anyone familiar with kshisen's code
> that could point me in the right direction?

I think that would be a very nice change.

Re your viewing problem, try 16x9 layout with "Chinese style" matching.
That seems to give you 4 each of the suits, the winds and the dragons and
1 each of the flowers and seasons.  Or maybe you could (locally) change
the line "if (++tileCount >= 4) {" to "if (++tileCount >= 2) {" ... ;-) to get
2 of each tile in the 14x6 layout.

All the best, Ian W.