[Kde-games-devel] kshisen request - show different tiles!

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzerf at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 11:45:30 CET 2009

On Tuesday 10 March 2009 05:46:29 Matthew Woehlke wrote:

Hi,

> It would be really awesome if kshisen would *randomly* choose tiles
> instead of using the same ones all the time (at least, if it would pick
> a random dragon, and a random pair of the winds, seasons, flowers) so
> that more tiles would see the light of day. As is, I'm getting a bit
> annoyed trying to do flower graphics and never seeing them unless I make
> the board size huge :-).
>
> Would this be an acceptable change? Anyone familiar with kshisen's code
> that could point me in the right direction?

Just to be clear (and not confusing this with switching tile sets):
In the current state small board sizes do not contain all tile types because
only a limited number of tiles is actually needed.
On every reload or new game the same tile types are chosen.

I understand this proposal as having the game creation algorithm shuffle that
a bit so that more tiles are seen long-term by players who prefer small board
sizes.

This is a good idea. However, I have not had a look at that piece of code, and
am not able to do so at the moment.
The code is in src/board.cpp lines 36-37 (macros) and 434-451 (inside
newGame()) if you want to have a look at it. :)

Regards