[Kde-games-devel] kshisen request - show different tiles!

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 11 05:24:02 CET 2009

Ian Wadham wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 3:46:29 pm Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> It would be really awesome if kshisen would *randomly* choose tiles
>> instead of using the same ones all the time (at least, if it would pick
>> a random dragon, and a random pair of the winds, seasons, flowers) so
>> that more tiles would see the light of day. As is, I'm getting a bit
>> annoyed trying to do flower graphics and never seeing them unless I make
>> the board size huge :-).
>>
>> Would this be an acceptable change? Anyone familiar with kshisen's code
>> that could point me in the right direction?
>
> I think that would be a very nice change.
>
> Re your viewing problem, try 16x9 layout with "Chinese style" matching.
> That seems to give you 4 each of the suits, the winds and the dragons and
> 1 each of the flowers and seasons.

As it happens, I just discovered that :-). (For some reason I had been
thinking it would still have two each of the seasons...) I still think
it would be nice to show different tiles for the 'non-Chinese-style'
mode. Especially since, having just played a Chinese-style game, I feel
like it is a little easier to not have to match tiles that aren't
visually the same.

> Or maybe you could (locally) change
> the line "if (++tileCount >= 4) {" to "if (++tileCount >= 2) {" ... ;-) to get
> 2 of each tile in the 14x6 layout.

Um... that would change the game play pretty radically, methinks :-).
Thanks for the pointer though, that sounds like somewhere to go poking
around to use not the same tiles always.

--
Matthew
ENOWIT: .sig file for this machine not set up yet