[Kde-games-devel] Chess program

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Mar 10 21:20:01 CET 2009

A Dimarts, 10 de març de 2009, Eric Springer va escriure:
> Hi All,
>
> I probably should have cc'd this list with the message I sent to
> kde-devel -- but here I'll paraphrase with the non-games related parts
> removed :)
>

> I'm interested in developing a a Chess program for KDE games,
> that has an emphasis on network play. It seems to be a notable
> omission from the current line-up, along with Linux in general. (The
> current best way to play with friends is meet up in something like
> Yahoo! Chess -- which isn't as nearly as good as it should be).
>

> The people on kde-devel tell me I should be looking into "Tagua". What
> is the current state of that? Would I be best off working from that,
> or starting a fresh?

Paolo was one of the involved people, let's see what he has to say regarding
Tagua.

If Tagua it's still alive i'd suggest working on it, working on something that
already exists it's much better than starting yet another project

> What is the best way to get going at this project? Would getting a
> directory in something like playground/games be out of the question?

Getting a directory in playground/games is totally free for all, you just need
to have a SVN account which is also totally free for everyone with a good
reason (which you have)

> Would anyone be willing to look over my on a significant change /
> weekly basis, to help guide me (I'm new at this, but very keen).

Just mail the list with questions or drop on #kdegames in the freenode irc
network.

WELCOME TO THE AMAZING WORLD OF KDE

Albert