[Kde-games-devel] Chess program

Eric Springer eric at brictus.com
Tue Mar 10 14:47:33 CET 2009

Hi All,

I probably should have cc'd this list with the message I sent to
kde-devel -- but here I'll paraphrase with the non-games related parts
removed :)

I'm interested in developing a a Chess program for KDE games,
that has an emphasis on network play. It seems to be a notable
omission from the current line-up, along with Linux in general. (The
current best way to play with friends is meet up in something like
Yahoo! Chess -- which isn't as nearly as good as it should be).

The people on kde-devel tell me I should be looking into "Tagua". What
is the current state of that? Would I be best off working from that,
or starting a fresh?

What is the best way to get going at this project? Would getting a
directory in something like playground/games be out of the question?
Would anyone be willing to look over my on a significant change /
weekly basis, to help guide me (I'm new at this, but very keen).

Regards,
Eric