[Kde-games-devel] Fwd: GSoC student

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Mon Mar 2 06:32:35 CET 2009

On Montag 02 März 2009 04:11:38 phan huy wrote:
> Since all
> Mancala-like games have very similar gameplay (with the same structure of
> board, objective..), I think we could implement a generic game. then, the
> number of "hole" in the board, the "goal" of game can be changed a little
> to fit with each local variants. Therefore,  the gameplay isn't very hard
> to implement. The more important part of the game is the interface (with
> local boards, sounds, background...), I think these things may take me a
> long period to study and to represent them correctly.

Local boards and backgrounds can very easily be represented by using SVG
theming (the technique which is used in most KDE games). Look at a game of
your choice (for example KBlocks, which has a wide variety of themes), and
find in "Settings > Configure $APPNAME" a theme chooser dialog.

Greetings
Stefan