[Kde-games-devel] missing Egyptian art? ;-)

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 24 00:37:13 CEST 2009

Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> When that works, I will try to get it moved to kdereview - or into
> the main KDE since there seem to be no games in kdereview at all.

That would imply there are no games waiting to go into kdegames. Since
we are in feature freeze, this is not too surprising :-).

kdereview is the staging area for things being moved to KDE proper;
things spend ~2 weeks in kdereview (more if substantial changes need to
be made during the review process) and then move to KDE proper. So, no,
you shouldn't move straight to "main KDE".

> Also, the real Mahjong does not require numbers or letters on the
> tiles - they are only there to make it easier for western players.
> However the chinese symbols are required.

Correct me if I am wrong, but what is required is to be able to identify
"this is 5 wan, that is 6 bamboo, that is east wind", etc.?

> kmj needs a way to
> filter out unusable tilesets. It currently filters the alphabet
> tileset by its name "alphabet".

Ooh, right, I forgot that one is also not kmj-usable :-). Maybe we
should add something to tileset's .desktop?

> BTW does anybody have a better proposal for the name kmj? krealmahjongg?
> kmahjongg4? I named it in analogy to xmj (which already has modes for
> playing against the computer or over the internet) but I don't really
> like it.

KWinds? (I've seen "game of the four winds" somewhere.) Though IMO "kmj"
is fine as the binary name.

--
Matthew
XFS is not something I look into the innards of, as I don't have enough