[Kde-games-devel] missing Egyptian art? ;-)

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Tue Jun 23 23:37:55 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 23 June 2009, Eugene Trounev wrote:
> The only one game that actually requires numbering is
> the real Mahjong, but be don't have a game like that at all.

yes we have. kmj in playground.
http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/kmj?content=103206

If you want to try it out, please get the svn version. A new
version 0.3 will follow soon with many enhancements.

Right now it can only be used for calculating games played by
four real players with real tiles but that is actually what most
available "real Mahjong" windows programs are limited to do.

But I plan to add a mode where you can play against the computer.
When that works, I will try to get it moved to kdereview - or into
the main KDE since there seem to be no games in kdereview at all.

I plan to start working on the computer playing mode soon - first I will
have to finish the GUI for editing rulesets, currently fighting with a
MVC based tree structure.

kmj uses the backgrounds and tilesets from libkmahjongg but it is
written in Python including the parts of libkmahjongg it needs.

Also, the real Mahjong does not require numbers or letters on the
tiles - they are only there to make it easier for western players.
However the chinese symbols are required. kmj needs a way to
filter out unusable tilesets. It currently filters the alphabet
tileset by its name "alphabet". If you make the egyptian tileset
the default, kmj will have to define its own default.

BTW does anybody have a better proposal for the name kmj? krealmahjongg?
kmahjongg4? I named it in analogy to xmj (which already has modes for
playing against the computer or over the internet) but I don't really
like it.

--
Wolfgang