[Kde-games-devel] QT 4 to KDE 4 Migration

John Schneiderman JohnMS at member.fsf.org
Sat Jul 11 05:54:02 CEST 2009

I am the developer of a game called KardsGT (kardsgt.nongnu.org). Currently it
is developed using QT 4. With the next release coming at the end of this
month, I am starting the plans for the next release. One of the major plans is
to move it to KDE 4. To do that I was looking at the book "Open Source Game
Programming: QT Games For KDE, PDAs, And Windows" by Martin Heni and Andreas
Beckermann. In the book they say they note the differences between QT 3 and QT
4, but no mention of the differences between KDE 3 and KDE 4. My question is,
if I get this book with it's examples of KDE 3 is it going to be an issue then
translating it to KDE 4 as I move to it? I'm not planning to write it in KDE
3, but will the concepts they present regarding KDE 3 migrate over to KDE 4?

Thanks,
John S.