[Kde-games-devel] Questions about basic game programming

Pierre Maurier pierre.maurier at gadz.org
Thu Feb 19 21:21:02 CET 2009

Thank you for your answers !

> On Donnerstag 19 Februar 2009 15:51:14 Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> > You set up a QtTmer to emit a signal at the time you ant to trigger an
> > action. Or you set it up so that it emits a signal every x
> > milliseconds...
>
> Basically, any QObject can start timers. The Qt documentation explains these
> in detail, look at QObject::timerEvent and QObject::startTimer.

I want to trigger an action every x milliseconds, should I use a QTimer or the
QObject timer ?

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 21:08, Ian Wadham <ianw2 at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> Please note that KDE Games has a tetris-like game called KBlocks.
> In KDE 3, it used to have one called KSirtet, but that one did not get
> converted to KDE 4 and Qt 4.  I am not sure whether KBlocks appeared
> in KDE 4.0 (which you have) or later.

My game is a tetris-like but isn't with the tetris rules, it's just a puzzle-
game. In fact the only similarities it has with tetris is the shape of the
blocks. After that it uses colors, and also an other system for block
interactions.

It's an original concept, I don't even know if the game will be interesting to
play or totally boring. On paper it seems good... but I have to play it to
see.

Best regards.
Pierre.