[Kde-games-devel] Lightened tile shadow for classic theme

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzerf at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 17:10:35 CET 2009

On Saturday 14 February 2009 14:58:31 Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> Frederik Schwarzer wrote:
> > KShisen before: http://imagebin.ca/view/gSh7Ko.html
> > KMahjongg before: http://imagebin.ca/view/KzKzoA.html
> >
> > KShisen after: http://imagebin.ca/view/c0osgk.html
> > KMahjongg after: http://imagebin.ca/view/HbCP3E.html
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> To be honest, not a huge difference :)

I know. The shape of the shadow is still the same, but it is less intense.
That's what my goal was, nothing more. I leave the "real" stuff to people who
know their trade. :)

> In order to
> change it, however, I would prefer that you try to contact the author of
> the tileset and ask for his opinion, did you try that? This is the same
> as patching someone else's code imo: if the person is no longer around
> then we can decide what is best to do, but if the author is responsive
> it is nice to discuss "patches" with him.

Good hint. I didn't evens think about it like that.
I CC'ed him.
@Robert:
There were some voices about the shadows in the classic tile theme.
See http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-games-devel&m=123365786509128&w=4
As I considered them a bit too dark, I lightened them up a bit.
So, what's your opinion about the shadows (old ones as well)?

To see the other answers to this thread, click
http://lists.kde.org/?t=123458531100001&r=1&w=4

BTW: When I changes the shadows, I noticed that I also had to modify one of
the lower tle's shadows manually while the other three were changed
automatically. No Idea what's that about.

Regards