[Kde-games-devel] KShisen tiles suck?

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Tue Feb 3 14:20:22 CET 2009

Parker Coates wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 19:27, Ian Wadham wrote:
>> Amen to that !!!!  I believe every themed game should have either
>> a Themes menu or a Themes entry in the View menu or a special
>> line for Themes in the Settings menu.  And I do *not* think "Themes"
>> is a good name for it.  Does "Themes" mean anything to our respective
>> wives, mothers, brothers, sisters, children and grandchildren?
>
> I would suggest "Graphical Themes" as a more explicit possibility.

Looking at what other parts of the project are doing, I am going to
suggest that we also add an

Appearance

menu. This is what is used for example to configure the graphical theme
to be used for the desktop, or Plasma. Right-click your desktop to have
a look at it, or click the cashew.

Inside it, you can select the graphical theme to be used. People do not
seem to have a problem with the word themes in this context (Oxygen
theme, Aya theme, get new themes) But having the first point of contact
named "Appearance" in the menu (or configure menu subentry) will
facilitate discovery a lot.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini