[Kde-games-devel] KShisen tiles suck?

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 14:01:31 CET 2009

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 19:27, Ian Wadham wrote:
> Amen to that !!!!  I believe every themed game should have either
> a Themes menu or a Themes entry in the View menu or a special
> line for Themes in the Settings menu.  And I do *not* think "Themes"
> is a good name for it.  Does "Themes" mean anything to our respective
> wives, mothers, brothers, sisters, children and grandchildren?

I would suggest "Graphical Themes" as a more explicit possibility.

> And with all due respect, Mauricio, I think "Configure <gamename>..."
> at the foot of the Settings menu is an ideal way to *hide* the themes!
> The word "Configure" comes from I know not where (Microsoft?), but
> it would be meaningless to most English speakers, I am sure.  I
> wonder how comprehensible it is in other languages.

I remember once hearing that the word "configure" is much more
commonly used in North American English as opposed to British or
Oceanic English. I've just done a quick google search and,
unfortunately, can't find anything to back me up, so it could be that
I made that up. If that were the case then it might explain why
configure seems a lot more natural for me (a Canadian) than it would
to you.

Parker