[Kde-games-devel] [New comment for kshisen]

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Sun Feb 1 23:51:39 CET 2009

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 07:17:20 am Emil Sedgh wrote:
> Actually the best way of communicating i've seen through KDE is the
> amaroks way.user enters email address and his comment on website and
> the comment will be posted to ML and the answers will get back to
> users.There are even such discussions in this way.
>
> So i guess we have tree options:
> just remove comments
> add email address support (Amarok way)
> get a forum on forums.k.o and send users there + removing our comments
>
> im happy with all of them.please choose one ;)

Well I would favour the Amarok way or even a fourth way: direct email to
the author or maintainer, as you get with Bugzilla, but there would have
to be a proper email address to respond to.

Another idea might be to include some kind of feedback invitation and
form with every game, as with Report Bug...  The feedback would go to
the maintainer's email.

I do not think it is a good idea to put every comment on kde-games-devel.

BTW I have had a lot of useful feedback and suggestions from game
players, concerning the games I maintain, just by writing privately to
a few of the reporters of bugs and wish list items on Bugzilla.

Though I must say there was one guy who sent a wish list item saying
"XYZ should not work that way".  So I replied on Bugzilla describing
why XYZ works that way and what alternatives I had considered and
tried, finally asking him how he thought XYZ should work.  He replied,
in essence, "Well, XYZ should not work that way."  D'oh !!!!  There's
always one ... so be prepared!

Cheers, Ian W.