[Kde-games-devel] KGoldrunner update

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Sun Apr 26 13:56:54 CEST 2009

On Sonntag 26 April 2009 05:36:45 Ian Wadham wrote:
> Also, I found that the new Curse of the Mummy game was not
> getting installed (an omission in CMakeLists.txt).  What!  And
> none of you noticed? ... ;-)

I had a similar case with Palapeli, where I added support for backgrounds (and
even blogged about it with screenshots), and then noticed three months later
that the backgrounds did not get installed. (I had them in /usr/local/share
because of some earlier test, so I didn't notice.)

Apart from that, this case shows that we do not do enough regression testing.
If I recall correctly, Eugene tried to make some testing initiative around the
time when 4.2 was released. Perhaps we could issue a bug day together with the
bugsquad, to get people to test our games? After all, games testing is fun if
communicated correctly.

Greetings
Stefan