[Kde-games-devel] KGoldrunner update

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Apr 27 04:25:58 CEST 2009

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 9:56:54 pm you wrote:
> On Sonntag 26 April 2009 05:36:45 Ian Wadham wrote:
> > Also, I found that the new Curse of the Mummy game was not
> > getting installed (an omission in CMakeLists.txt).  What!  And
> > none of you noticed? ... ;-)
>
> I had a similar case with Palapeli, where I added support for backgrounds
> (and even blogged about it with screenshots), and then noticed three months
> later that the backgrounds did not get installed. (I had them in
> /usr/local/share because of some earlier test, so I didn't notice.)

Mea culpa, too.  I had taken a shortcut by copying the file game_CM.txt
directly into $KDEDIR/share/apps/kgoldrunner/system, rather than doing
"make install" ... :-( ...  Naughty and risky, but I had my reasons ...

BTW, are wildcards acceptable in CMake?

If so, I could make my list of game-data files read "game_*.txt  hi_*.dat
rec_*.txt" and the problem should never happen again.   Similarly with
lists of files for graphics and sound themes.

I notice someone put a wild-card in KGoldrunner's src/CMakeLists.txt,
i.e. "hi*-app-kgoldrunner.png", all the different sizes of application icons.
So it works there, at least.

Cheers, Ian W.