[Kde-games-devel] Statusbar messages in KPatience

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzerf at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 13:48:11 CEST 2009

On Thursday 23 April 2009 13:10:54 Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:
> Parker Coates:

> > I think part of the problem is the conversational tone it uses. It
> > talks "to" me, which I find annoying. I'd much rather it take a
> > neutral tone and just told be the current status, I think I'd find it
> > less invasive.
>
> FWIW, I agree.
>
> Also, I think the both of the last two status messages should be reworded to
> make it clearer what they’re really saying (e.g., for the the last one:
> ‘There are no more possible moves’). I’ll leave it to someone else to decide
> the exact wording, as English isn’t my first language.

Ok, since these messages seem to be way more imprtant to some of you than I
thought I withdraw from my proposal. :)

Better wording is the way to go then, I guess.
I like Parker's suggestions:
- Solver: Calculating...
- Solver: This game is winnable.
- Solver: No winning solution exists.
- Solver: Unable to determine if game is winnable.
- The game is lost. No moves remain.

I would be open for a less technical prefix though, like "Hint:" or so.

Regards