[Kde-games-devel] On KPatience and Carddecks

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Mon Sep 22 14:23:38 CEST 2008

Am Montag 22 September 2008 14:00:30 schrieb Josef Spillner:
> Am Sonntag, 21. September 2008 11:28:14 schrieb Stefan Majewsky:
> > As already said, it's the last point. I think the problem lies in that
> > KNS is a rather new technology, and there has been no work* to integrate
> > KNS content into the i18n workflow.
>
> [...]
>
> > *At least, I didn't hear of such work.
>
> There are some scripts to convert from KNS .meta files to .desktop and back
> for translators.

Where are these scripts in the svn repo?

> What is still missing is that someone maintains a regular
> conversion in both directions and coordinates this with the i18n people.

That's Scripty's job.
The KNS .meta files have to be in the svn repository, but I didn't find any.

Please give me an example of the meta KNS .files, naming scheme + all possible
keywords of content.

Then I could check how to integrate them into scripty's toolchain.

If this is working, the files need to be uploaded regularly to the KNS server.
How to do this?

> @Karl:
> KNS supports translations for names, descriptions, preview screenshots,
> changelog files and the content itself through the xml:lang attribute.
>
> Josef

Burkhard Lück