[Kde-games-devel] On KPatience and Carddecks

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Mon Sep 22 16:55:49 CEST 2008

Am Montag, 22. September 2008 14:23:38 schrieb Burkhard Lück:
> > There are some scripts to convert from KNS .meta files to .desktop and
> > back for translators.
>
> Where are these scripts in the svn repo?

They're somewhere hidden in the KStuff SVN misc scripts directory:
	http://svn.kstuff.org/browser/trunk/scripts/ghns
At the time of creation they were requested specifically for KHangMan
translation by annma, but never used in production mode IIRC.
They used to work with the old i18n directory structure of KDE SVN. If there
were any updates due to l10n or otherwise, the paths would have to be adapted.

> > What is still missing is that someone maintains a regular
> > conversion in both directions and coordinates this with the i18n people.
>
> That's Scripty's job.
> The KNS .meta files have to be in the svn repository, but I didn't find
> any.
>
> Please give me an example of the meta KNS .files, naming scheme + all
> possible keywords of content.

The complete syntax of meta files is described here:
	http://ghns.freedesktop.org/spec/ghns-spec.html

> Then I could check how to integrate them into scripty's toolchain.
>
> If this is working, the files need to be uploaded regularly to the KNS
> server. How to do this?

Most of the GHNS repositories on newstuff.kde.org are maintained through SVN
by the respective application or artwork maintainer. Each maintainer decides
which SVN to use. At the moment, all maintainers use the SVN repository on
newstuff.kde.org itself because it was agreed that using svn.kde.org would not
be good for large volumes of data.
Synchronising between these two SVNs would be possible with a bit of scripting
I guess.

To get all the files including the meta files, run:
	svn co svn://newstuff.kde.org/kdedata/trunk kdedata-trunk
For write access you can get an account from me.

Josef