[Kde-games-devel] bovo AI

Pelladi Gabor pelladigabor at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 13:50:13 CEST 2008

Hi,

I like bovo but it's artificial intelligence was too easy for me. I
had a project at the university where I have written an AI for this
well-known game. That AI is much harder, but can be downscaled to
ridiculously easy, and also makes more human-like moves.
As I saw bovo was well-designed, and the AI engine was easily
replaceable. I extended this capability a bit further, to be able to
change the AI engine on a single line of the source code.
I don't know if anyone is actively developing or maintaining bovo, so
I'm posting this here. I'm attaching an svn diff that separates the AI
implementation from it's interface, and contains Aron's original and
my implementation in separate subdirectories.
Currently the original implementation is active, to minimize
regression potential. My stronger AI can be turned on in bovo/ai/ai.cc
Please have a look at it, try it, and send me feedback.

  Gábor