[Kde-games-devel] On KDE card decks...

Eugene Trounev eugene.trounev at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 02:31:22 CEST 2008

> Ok, but... for the record, I think Oxygen is the best theme we currently
> have :-).
As much as I support you there, I fear we are but a minority :( When, back in
2007, me and Johann have developed Oxygen deck our aim was first and foremost
usability... So at that time we have thought it was a marvelous idea to
separate the suites by color to ease the game-play. Unfortunately very few
have seen it our way :( Most of the people... And I would think I may safely
put my word at stake here by accusing all those nay-sayers of only having seen
Kpat once, whilst playing it never. However I repeat - most of the people have
found the deck disturbingly bad. It was therefore decided to replace it.
Besides, we think it is a jolly good idea to rotate the themes each release,
to create an illusion of life inside the main project :P
> (After getting used to it, I tried Oxygen White once, and was
> immediately annoyed how hard it was to tell what suit a card is :-).)
>
> Oh, and... some time I will have to submit my hack of Oxygen to make all
> suits different colors.
Now this is  a splendid idea. Simply marvelous! I will welcome the new deck
with all my heart :) It shall be known as Oxygen Colors :P