[Kde-games-devel] KGamePopupItem issues

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 01:12:59 CET 2008

2008/11/24 Dmitry Suzdalev <dimsuzkde at gmail.com>:
> On Tuesday 25 November 2008 02:41:38 Parker Coates wrote:
>> Hello folks and Dmitry in particular,
>> Is it not protocol to leave the default behaviour intact when making a
>> change like this? I know an email was sent to the list, but I had read
>> it and dismissed it, as I thought it didn't apply to me since Killbots
>> used the click-to-close behaviour.
> Hmm, not sure what you're talking about :)
> You mean someone has changed default behavior and haven't post a note about
> it in the list (i wonder if that someone would be me, though I don't recall
> me doing this change :))
> Well, if you're talking about that kind of thing, i think it should have
> been noted, yes.

Sorry, I should have provided a link to the original mail.
http://markmail.org/message/eciabzealajz4bia

>> I'm not sure how to fix this. The text item has its own mouse event
>> handlers to properly handle the link functionality, so any attempt to
>> grab all mouse release events would break the link handling, and as
>> far as I know, there's no way to grab only the clicks on regular text
>> the the text item ignores. Does anyone have any idea of how to do this
>> correctly.
> I have an idea that some bool (m_linkHovered) can be added to this class and
> that it can be set to true once linkHovered signal arrives, and false
> otherwise. Then, you can override mouseReleasEvent and if m_linkHovered is
> true, call the parent handler, otherwise do usual hiding stuff.
> If that'd work out, we have a solution.

I had thought about trying to exploit the link related signals, but
the problem is that we only receive the signal on hover enter, not on
hover exit, so we wouldn't know when to unset m_linkHovered.

> This is purely from head, I didn't look at the code yet.
> (time to go to bed now...)

I'll let you have a chance to look at the code and maybe we can
discuss this again tomorrow. Thanks for the speedy reply.

Parker