[Kde-games-devel] KGamePopupItem issues

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuzkde at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 01:01:24 CET 2008

On Tuesday 25 November 2008 02:41:38 Parker Coates wrote:
> Hello folks and Dmitry in particular,
> Is it not protocol to leave the default behaviour intact when making a
> change like this? I know an email was sent to the list, but I had read
> it and dismissed it, as I thought it didn't apply to me since Killbots
> used the click-to-close behaviour. I also realise the change was made
> last April and I just noticed the problem today, so obviously it
> didn't have that big an effect.
Hmm, not sure what you're talking about :)
You mean someone has changed default behavior and haven't post a note about it
in the list (i wonder if that someone would be me, though I don't recall me
doing this change :))
Well, if you're talking about that kind of thing, i think it should have been
noted, yes.

> I'm not sure how to fix this. The text item has its own mouse event
> handlers to properly handle the link functionality, so any attempt to
> grab all mouse release events would break the link handling, and as
> far as I know, there's no way to grab only the clicks on regular text
> the the text item ignores. Does anyone have any idea of how to do this
> correctly.
I have an idea that some bool (m_linkHovered) can be added to this class and
that it can be set to true once linkHovered signal arrives, and false
otherwise. Then, you can override mouseReleasEvent and if m_linkHovered is
true, call the parent handler, otherwise do usual hiding stuff.
If that'd work out, we have a solution.

This is purely from head, I didn't look at the code yet.
(time to go to bed now...)

Cheers,
Dmitry.