[Kde-games-devel] README.PACKAGERS

Kleag kleag at free.fr
Mon Nov 24 00:38:44 CET 2008

Hello,

Updating before commiting a bug correction, I just see that the
README.PACKAGERS files have been added to kdegames and I wonder when the list
of games in each category have been decided ? Was it during a meeting I missed
? But I think this should be discussed here where everybody can argue (yes we
don't want endless arguements, but...).

While I can agree with MINIMAL (but why kdiamonds ? Is it so famous ?), I
cannot with EXTENDED and EXTRA. I'll talk here only about games I'd like to
see in EXTENDED and not EXTRA even if I personnaly don't like some of the
games currently in EXTENDED or if I consider them not so important.

First, ktuberling. It's a must-have. My children would be horrified by a
distro without this game ! Little children LOVE this game.

And now, my beloved KsirK. Yes, I agree it's not "very minimal", but I think
it's enough "high quality" and have a "large user base". For the first point,
I spent a lot of time to obtain such a quality and was help by quite a few
people. And I continue, killing bugs as quickly as I can. And for the second
point, see the numbers at kde-apps.org
(http://kdeapps.org/index.php?xsortmode=down&page=0&xcontentmode=250x251x252x253x254).
And I don't think that it could be said as not "casual desktop game", because
this term is too fuzzy to be a definition.

So, what's your opinion ?

Best regards,

Gaël

--
KsirK - a world domination strategy game
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Games/Tactic_and_Strategy/KsirK

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer
http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kgraphviewer