[Kde-games-devel] svg-diamond deck, what now?

Tue Nov 11 12:34:51 CET 2008

2008/11/10 Matthew Woehlke

> I guess it's not quite as "inherently bad" as I first thought... but I still
> dislike it pretty strongly. A big part of that is that switching the
> gradient throws off all the effort at making the black suits similar enough
> to be quickly recognized as "black".

Good point, it is a bit easier to see the difference at a glance.

> At any rate, I still think that there's nothing wrong with the gradient
> darker on top, and I still prefer it that way :-).

The sample you sent is going against my internal grain as the gradient
has the light source in the upper left while the light within the card
decoration is still coming from below center. I can't say much about
which is prettier as long as my brain jumps back an forth, trying to
decide where the light comes from.

Thanks for doing all this work!
Richard