[Kde-games-devel] svg-diamond deck, what now?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 10 20:42:55 CET 2008

Richard Hartmann wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 02:57, Matthew Woehlke  wrote:
>> Sigh, you have to see it to trust me that it looks bad? ;-) Anyway, it
>> will have to wait for Monday probably.
>> [...]
>> (I'd also ask how Oxygen made it so long without raising these
>> complaints... and politely suggest that maybe there's a reason it's the
>> way it is :-). After all, I didn't do anything but change the colors
>> around a bit, and reversing the gradients was /not/ part of what I tweaked.)
>
> I am not saying I don't trust you. I just asked to be able to see for
> myself. Tastes _do_ differ, sometimes :)

I guess it's not quite as "inherently bad" as I first thought... but I
still dislike it pretty strongly. A big part of that is that switching
the gradient throws off all the effort at making the black suits similar
enough to be quickly recognized as "black".

At any rate, I still think that there's nothing wrong with the gradient
darker on top, and I still prefer it that way :-).

--
Matthew
We are Microsoft. What you are experiencing is not a problem; it is an