[Kde-games-devel] Eye candy for card and possibly tile games

Sat Nov 8 02:04:16 CET 2008

Hi all,

I just had a great(?) idea for eye candy.

Considering how damn slick Matthew's deck [1] looks, I would
love to have a mouse-over effect. Namely, when I put the mouse
over a card, I want a 'line' of light running around the edges of
the card.
See my crappy ASCII art for details. X denotes the light.

/---\
|   |
|   |
|   |
\---/

/---\
|   |
|   |
|   |
\---X

/---\
|   |
|   |
\--X/

/---\
|   |
|   |
\-X-/

/---\
|   |
|   |
\X--/

/---X
|   |
|   |
|   |
X---/
/--X\
|   |
|   |
X   |
\---/

/-X-\
|   |
X   |
|   |
\---/

/X--\
X   |
|   |
|   |
\---/

X---\
|   |
|   |
|   |
\---/

Of course, the effect could start from a different corner as well.
Ideally, that would be decided by the theme. You get the
general idea, though.

Richard

[1] http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-games-devel&m=122538978432511&q=p3