[Kde-games-devel] kbackgammon

Alexander Smirnov alexander.v.smirnov at gmail.com
Fri May 16 07:48:40 CEST 2008

Hello Ian,

> It might be worth searching the KDE Games mail archives back then
> to find out more about what he was doing and what other members of
> KDE Games had to say about required features for KBackgammon.

I've been reading backgammon-related mailings in the archive for last
two days. There are many interesting there! For example I've found patch
for RepBot support from Nikolai Lissner (not included for some reason).

As a first step i would like to collect wishes from real users and
compose roadmap and actual TODO list. As a FIBS player i see from time
to time folks there who use KBackgammon. I will try to contact them and
discuss kbackgammon.
> I remember that continuing support for on-line access to the international
> Backgammon players' website (FIBS?) was high on the list.

Yes, it is one of the major features of KBackgammon. I've found that
FIBS protocol is published(http://www.fibs.com/fibs_interface.html), so
there should no difficulties regarding it... i hope so at least :)

> It would be nice if you can track down Daren, but with his email
> address being kdegames at spamguard.allmail.net that might be a
> problem.  It looks like a temporary kind of address.  But if you can
> find him, he might be able to help you.
>

> All the more reason to try and find out what the last maintainer did ...
> and whether he is happy to hand over to you or help out.  That's our
> etiquette.  And sometimes guys do some further coding but never
> commit it ... ;-)

thanks for pointers, i will try to get in contact with Daren.
> All the best, Alexander, and I really look forward to you pulling off the
> rescue of this important KDE Game.

I'd like to THANK everyone for welcoming in you group! I do not have
ambition plans like "blitzkrieg", but hope to be useful for the project.
KBackgammon is a nice piece of software, i like it. And will try to do
my best for it's development :)

Thank you,
Alexander