[Kde-games-devel] Kapman

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Thu Mar 20 13:26:15 CET 2008

Emil Sedgh wrote:
> Hi guys
> about including in the release, i think the final list is not complete and
> could change any moment.if kapman is playable and good enough for release, its
> not late yet.
> about the game (i have rev 787070):
> 1)artwork is not good, walls look bad.im sure they will be changed, but atm
> they are bad

Emil, I know you have artistic skills, don't you?:) Maybe you could try
contributing a theme, or tweaking the existing one?

> 2)the game is so easy.i passed to level 13 without any problem.it looks like
> that the speed of those ghosts-or-whatever-you-call-them increases in every
> level, but the increasing level is not enough.

This seems like a perfect opportunity to use KGameDifficulty. Kapteam? I
personally think the game is ok now for very young children, but we
could have Easy/Medium/Hard modes where it already starts faster, and
increases the speed faster as well. Again, not mandatory for this first
phase, but nice to have before the 4.1 release.

> 3)are you going to have some theming support? that would be awesome.

I would say required, not awesome :)

> 4)there shouldnt be a blue ghost i think, because it has the same color as
> dead-ghosts (dead ghost=ghosts when you eat big pills).sometimes thats
> confusing.

With theme support and a better Oxygen-inspired and
not-possible-trademark-and-character-likeness-infringement default theme
this and other stuff can be solved.

> 5)could the map get changed on every level? that would be good
> 6)when the game starts, it currently waits you to play.it would be so nice if
> it plays a demo, like kgoldrunner.

I do not think changing the map should be required. But it could be nice
for a 2.0 version. The classic game that inspired it does not have map
changes, and it earned a lot of coins in the past 20 years or so :)

The demo functionality is cool, but also not required for the
kdereview/kdegames pass. It can be planned and implemented later. I am
just trying to list the main tasks (like docs and theme support) that
need to be cleared for the game to be considered for 4.1 first.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini