[Kde-games-devel] Need some help with proper English

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuzkde at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 14:39:45 CET 2008

Hi guys!

I just noticed a little inconsistency in klines.
Before Eugene introduced new "KLines Gems" theme KLines had only
balls jumping and moving around :)

So when you try to perform some illegal move you see a message:
"Selected ball cannot be moved to this cell".

Now, If i play with Gems theme I see this message and it's obviously
confusing to read about balls when you see gems :D

So I need a little help on how is it best to correct it?
Is it good to say
"Selected piece cannot be moved to this cell"?

Is it ok to call "ball" a "piece" or not?

Notice that theoretically theme creators aren't limited with "balls", "gems"
or whatever else - they can use any entity they are enough crazy for :)

So the message needs to fit nicely for all.
Maybe something more simple like:

"This move cannot be performed"
or
"This move is illegal"