[Kde-games-devel] Need some help with proper English

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 13:22:37 CET 2008

Hello Dmitry,

I'd say that "The selected piece cannot be moved to this cell" is
probably you're best bet. I think the word "piece" is pretty well
understood to mean any movable item in a board game.

While "This move cannot be performed" and "This move is illegal" are
legitimate English sentences, I would consider them inferior to the
one above as they give a lot less information. The above sentence
includes the notions of games pieces, piece selection, game cells and
piece movement, all of which would be helpful to a first time player
trying to figure out how the game works.

Parker