[Kde-games-devel] KChat - is anyone using it?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Jun 19 19:36:26 CEST 2008

A Dijous 19 Juny 2008, Alexander Smirnov va escriure:
> Hello,
>
> working on kbackgammon i've faced with a necessity to change KChat class
> a bit.
> What i need there is to add one more constructor which allows to set own
> delegate/models. The code i want to add is quite simple:
>
> to kchat.h:
>
>         explicit KChat(QWidget* parent, KChatBaseModel* model=0,
>                            KChatBaseItemDelegate* delegate=0,
>                            bool noComboBox = false);
>
> to kchat.cpp:
>
> KChat::KChat(QWidget* parent, bool twoPlayerGame)
>
>     : KChatBase(parent,
>
>                 new KChatBaseModel(parent),
>                 new KChatBaseItemDelegate(parent),twoPlayerGame),
>       d( new KChatPrivate )
> {
>  init();
> }
>
> Look like no one here use this class(except me :-) ). So there shouldn't
> be any impact on your game(s).

> I'm frighten by Hard Freeze. Actually i do not know where and what i am
> allowed to submit and where and what i am not.

KChatBase has a KChatBase::setModel so it seems to me a better idea adding
KChatBase::setDelegate than a new constructor in KChat.

When doing that also fix KChatBase::setModel as it doesn't seem to do what it
should.

> I tried to find docs on techbase regarding this policy but didn't found
> :-|.

http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.1_Release_Schedule

May 19th, 2008: Hard Feature Freeze
Trunk is frozen for all feature commits, even those listed in the planned
feature document. Only bug fixes are allowed. Binary compatibility for new
API is not yet required.

Your fix is not a bugfix from my point of view.

> What do you think - is this ok if i add this code now to
> KDE/kdegames/libkdegames/kchat.(h,cpp) or not?

No, it is not. You will have to wait until KDE 4.1 is released.

Albert