[Kde-games-devel] KChat - is anyone using it?

Alexander Smirnov alexander.v.smirnov at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 13:55:31 CEST 2008

Hello,

working on kbackgammon i've faced with a necessity to change KChat class
a bit.
What i need there is to add one more constructor which allows to set own
delegate/models. The code i want to add is quite simple:

to kchat.h:

        explicit KChat(QWidget* parent, KChatBaseModel* model=0,
                           KChatBaseItemDelegate* delegate=0,
                           bool noComboBox = false);

to kchat.cpp:

KChat::KChat(QWidget* parent, bool twoPlayerGame)
    : KChatBase(parent,
                new KChatBaseModel(parent),
                new KChatBaseItemDelegate(parent),twoPlayerGame),
      d( new KChatPrivate )
{
 init();
}

Look like no one here use this class(except me :-) ). So there shouldn't
be any impact on your game(s).
I'm frighten by Hard Freeze. Actually i do not know where and what i am
allowed to submit and where and what i am not.
I tried to find docs on techbase regarding this policy but didn't found :-|.

What do you think - is this ok if i add this code now to
KDE/kdegames/libkdegames/kchat.(h,cpp) or not?

Thank you,
-Alexander