[Kde-games-devel] KDEGames mukt.in 2008 presentation

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Thu Jul 24 18:00:37 CEST 2008

On Thursday 24 July 2008 17:33:39 Eugene Trounev wrote:
> That someone was me :)
> And I apologise if it hurt you back then.

Apology accepted!  :-)

But try to be less negative of other people's work in the future, ok?

> But just out of curiocity - why didn't you try to find someone with some
> art skills back then? This way you wouldn't have to try "to resemble the
> green felt of a real Reversi board" :)

Two reasons:
1. I *wanted* the game to look like a real Reversi board.  True, it could have
been better, but I didn't have very much time to put on it since I was also
involved in KOffice.

2. Finding someone with art skills is much easier now than it was back then.
Besides, you could ask yourself why you didn't volunteer to improve the
graphics of the KDE3 games.

I have always been much more interested in making the games playable and
enjoyable than them looking good *per se*.  I am very well aware that those
goals are not opposing, and the really good games are both good looking and
have a good playability.

This is also the reason why I harped so much about e.g. KLines and the way it
looked before: nice, but difficult to make out and see the colors. It may
also have to do with the fact that I'm slightly red-green color blind. :-)

	-Inge