[Kde-games-devel] libkdegames and BC rules?

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Sun Jan 6 18:43:23 CET 2008

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 05.01.08 18:05:30, Kevin Krammer wrote:
>> On Saturday 05 January 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> just to make sure I'm on the right page: the normal KDE library BC rules
>>> also apply to libkdegames right? That is I can't do any BiC changes
>>> until KDE5.
>> I think the BC rules only apply to libraries in kdelibs and kdepimlibs.
>
> Well, I could imagine that the developers of games that live in
> playground or extragear wouldn't be too happy with BiC changes in
> libkdegames :) And its not like I couldn't do the changes I have in mind
> in BC ways.

Well, at this time we did not commit to BC compatibility for libkdegames
(or libkmahjongg) AFAIK. Your point about games in playground and
extragear is interesting, this is something to consider. But I do not
think we can afford to guarantee this at this time. It might not be
important, as:

a) There appear to be no games in extragear, at least that I could find :)

b) The games in playground are not being released until 4.1, afaik.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini