[Kde-games-devel] libkdegames and BC rules?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Jan 5 18:27:27 CET 2008

On 05.01.08 18:05:30, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Saturday 05 January 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > just to make sure I'm on the right page: the normal KDE library BC rules
> > also apply to libkdegames right? That is I can't do any BiC changes
> > until KDE5.
>
> I think the BC rules only apply to libraries in kdelibs and kdepimlibs.

Well, I could imagine that the developers of games that live in
playground or extragear wouldn't be too happy with BiC changes in
libkdegames :) And its not like I couldn't do the changes I have in mind
in BC ways.

> However, there have been discussions to create additional library modules in
> order to share libraries between application modules, e.g. using libkdegames
> in KDE Edu applications, once the respective libraries reach a state where
> they can be reasonably considered fit for "public API".

Yeah, kdevplatform being one of those :)

Andreas

--
You're almost as happy as you think you are.