[Kde-games-devel] The status of Kolf

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Wed Jan 2 02:40:17 CET 2008

I do not think it is a matter of being playable, it is just that it
could be in better shape for 4.1. The initial screen for example is
pixelated on my system, not sure why. See screenshot at

http://disk.tabuleiro.com/public/kolf.png

Probably minor, but I would like to hear Paul's opinion on this, as the
maintainer. I mentioned the removal because Paul's initial email seemed
to imply he was not aware of the pending release deadlines and could not
finish what he wanted to do in time. This was probably our fault (as a
team) to communicate these deadlines more clearly, something to consider
for future releases. Re-read his email:

Over the last couple of months I've not been able to find as much time
as I'd hoped to pollish Kolf, and I'm worried it won't be good enough
in time for the 4.0 release. I intend to fix some of the more serious
issuses over the next week, but I'm worried that I won't get chance to
fix enough.

What does everyone else think? Does kolf look as far away from being
ready as I think it does? How high is the bar for being part of
kdegames in 4.0?

So, the maintainer does not feel the game is ready, and wants more time
to polish it, if possible, and asked for our opinion on this. I think it
is almost done, and returned the call to Paul.

On my part, I will attempt to remove the unused plugin menu before the
tagging freeze, and see if I can pinpoint the source of this loading error.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini