[Kde-games-devel] Patch to KGameThemeSelector

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Thu Feb 28 14:21:15 CET 2008

Parker Coates wrote:
> Attached is a small patch to KGameThemeSelector that does three things.
> 1. It sorts the items in the list widget. I was having issues with
> some themes showing up out of alphabetical order.

I think it is a nice idea, great.

> 2. It converts the author email address to a clickable mailto link.
> Previously it was just displayed as plain text.

Initially I thought it was not a good idea (for personal reasons), but
on second thought it matches the behavior of KAboutData, so you have a
point. Applied.

> 3. It attempts to improve the resize behaviour of the widget.
<zip>
>     d) There are also some other minor adjustments to size policies
> and spacer placements to improve the resize behaviour of the dialog.
> But of course, aesthetic improvements are largely subject to personal
> taste and preference. So please try it out and reply if you think any
> of the changes were detrimental.

I think the result is way better than what we had before, and it was
entirely my fault, so I know :) Thanks for fixing it.

> I don't (yet) have an SVN account, so I'd be most appreciative if
> someone would look over the patch and submit it.

Reviewed, tested and applied. I would encourage you to:

a) get an SVN account if you feel like
b) maybe apply some of the same improvements in layout to libkmahjongg?
We have background and tileset selectors there, and in fact the
kgametheme one was coded after those.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini