[Kde-games-devel] KSirk Jabber code

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Fri Dec 12 00:46:35 CET 2008

Le jeudi 11 décembre 2008, Kleag a écrit :
> Albert,
>
> Yes, I talked to the kopete Jabber plugin developer (I put Olivier in
> copy). If I remember well, he said that the iris lib in kopete was an old
> version and that if I could use a newer version, it would be better (am I
> right, Olivier ?).

Yes, this is correct.

> Then I adapted the latest iris lib and I planned to do
> the job to adapt existing kopete code to be able to use it too. But to try
> my ideas quickly, I started by copying the relevant part of the kopete
> Jabber plugin. In fact, I'm not using in kopete a lot of this code
> features.

In fact you should not use any part of the Kopete code.
The Kopete's JabberClient and Kopete's specialized socket were there to use
the KNetwork API instea of the Qt one.  But in KDE4 the KNetwork is
deprecated in favor of the Qt one so there is no reason to not use iris
directly as it is.

Kopete code still need to be ported to the new iris. I had no time to do this
yet.  This is a litle bit complex because Kopete use a modified version of
iris right now.